High-Level Panel on OCEAN ECONOMY & FISHING INDUSTRY IN AFRICAJanuary 26, 2018
On the occasion of the Crans Montana Forum on Africa & South-South Cooperation, to take place in Dakhla (Morocco), from March 15 to 20, 2018, a High-Level Panel will be dedicated to the Ocean Economy and Fishing Industry, a strategic sector for Africa.
This Program will also focus on the Blue Belt Initiative, a South-South Integrated Regional Cooperation and Development Tool, presented by the Kingdom of Morocco, in the framework of COP22 in Marrakech in November 2016.
Among the topics to be addressed :
- Fishing industry, pillar of the Blue Economy with tremendous potential
- Better understanding sustainability, climate change and food security challenges
- Supporting the emergence of integrated coastal observation systems and facilitating their integration at the global level
- Encouraging actions for sustainable fishing on the entire value chain, in order to fight ocean warming
- Fostering the development of sustainable aquaculture, particularly seaweed farming